Monday, January 19, 2009

my skin 30 days after dermabrasion


Only on a day of my surgery I learned that my face will be red (or actually "pinkish" according to the terminology used my dermatologist/surgeon) for several weeks after the procedure. When I found that out, I was seriously considering canceling the surgery. Especially that my doctor told me that even though for most people the period of skin redness lasts between 6-12 weeks, she had a patient whose face remained red for a whole year... That really scared me off, but then, mentally, I was already past the critical decision time to cancel the surgery (I already paid for it, I was officially admitted to the hospital, I was wearing pajamas, I had a catheter inserted into one of my veins and I even had my first dosage of antibiotics and painkillers delivered through it already). So I decided to go through the surgery and see what happens, hoping that my skin will heal fast.

I am reasonably happy with the speed of my skin recovery as I see day-to-day improvements in its condition. Still, as you can see from the photos below, I am pretty red and I need to wear a make up all the time. That is very annoying to me as I like to have "a natural look" and I hate wearing make up. It also took me a lot of time and effort to figure out make up that will be able to cover my skin redness. I will dedicate a separate post to that issue.

This is how my face looks 30 days after the dermabrasion:


Some areas of my face are more red than others:


This is how I can make my face look after applying a corrective make up:


On the close up you can still see a demarcation line on my forehead, which I was unable to mask fully with make up:



Also, 7 hours after applying the make up, you can see the redness of my skin coming through at several places, e.g. on my chin:

No comments:

Post a Comment