Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The beginning


Four weeks ago I underwent a full face dermabrasion procedure.

Before (and also after) the procedure I spent hours in the internet searching for reliable "before and after" photos of people who had facial dermabrasion done to them. I could not find any of such photos. The only ones that I found were provided by plastic surgery clinics. I do not trust those.

While my skin was healing after the dermabrasion, I went through many phases of pain, itching, tingling and skin resurfacing, for which I was totally not prepared. Again, I could find very little information in the internet that would help me deal with what was happening to me.

That's why I decided to write this blog. I hope it will help some of you to decide if dermabrasion is the way you want to go about your skin problem. Also, I hope that it will help the ones of you who decided to undergo dermabrasion to better prepare for what will be happening to you after the procedure.

2 comments:

  1. how long did it take for your face to look normal again? was there a lot of improvement? I am getting married January 17, and im thinking about doing this procedure, but want to make sure I have enough time! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this! I am going for a full face next Saturday. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete